Countdown:

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So this is the Blogosphere...

It looks like a big, blank white page to me, although I see there's a button to manipulate the color of the big page.  This learning curve will be easy.

So why am I blogging?  I guess the best reason is my world is full of stories.  Perhaps they'll involve stories about working as a firefighter/paramedic in an economically depressed area of a slowly-dying City in western NY.  Or, it might be to regale the world with a yarn about scuba diving in the Great Lakes or some warmer, more hospitable tropic locale.  I've been assured this will be a fun way to chronicle my adventures (misadventures?) as a novice runner who's recently reconnected with a long lost friend who, after we'd gone to lunch to catch up after 30 years, convinced me that running a marathon would somehow be a good idea.  Maybe it'll just be an amusing anecdote (or two!) about the latest thing I did to inadvertently piss off my lovely wife and face the proverbial wood chipper (SURPRISE!  Oh crap.)

Again, my life is full of stories.  And life is all about sharing.

If you have any interested in following the travels of a 40-something, divorced & remarried father of two who thinks running into burning buildings is cool (that is where the fun is),  likes hitting things with sticks and singing, isn't at all sure why people run, is aligned on the conservative side of politics, and feels bad for sharks when he hears the latest news story about a shark attack, I'm here for you.

And if that's not your thing, maybe you'll just shake your head at how I don't get it.  No worries.  I have big shoulders, thick skin, take nothing personally and am seriously secure in my geektitude.  Hopefully my take on the world is entertaining.

It always entertains me.

1 comment:

  1. I 100% agree with the shark thing...am married to a fireman/paramedic....and for some reason (in May) decided running was going to be a good idea.

    Welcome to the blogosphere...blogland...or whatever they're calling it this week!! :-)

    ReplyDelete